Posted on Jan. 20, 2017, 7:31 a.m.
Please see the attached file.
Policy for Mandatory Health Insurance
According to the regulations of the Korean Ministry of Education, all the international students (who do not hold a Korean citizenship) are required to maintain medical insurance during their stay at Yonsei. From the Spring 2017 semester, international students will not be able to register for courses until they upload their Certificate of Insurance on Yonsei Portal. Please read the following guidelines carefully and upload your certificate before the deadline. ※ KGSP students will be informed of this by their manager.
2. Types of insurance (Choose one)
1) National Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance Corporation: http://www.nhic.or.kr, Tel 1577-1000
- Newly admitted students will not be able to apply for NHI if they do not have an Alien Registration Number (ARN), so they need to arrange other type of insurance first and then apply for NHI later IF they want.
2) Insurance Company affiliated with Yonsei University (Discount prices)
- Company: Dongbu Fire Insurance (Agency: Study Union http://www.studyunion.co.kr/)
- If you do not have an ARN yet, put down your date of birth OR passport number.
- If your policy expires, you must renew it or buy a new one.
- Those who already purchased the insurance can download their certificate from the website.
□ Information for Newly admitted students
Policy start date: March 2, 2017 (period: 6 months or 1 year)
Students arriving in Korea before March 2 are advised to set the start date to their arrival date (No discount) OR take out travel insurance covering the period.
3) Private Insurance from a company in your home country
- ONLY IF it covers you while you are in Korea
- The certificate must include your personal information, policy period, coverage, etc.
3. Submission (Deadline: February 6, 2017)
1) Yonsei Portal (http://portal.yonsei.ac.kr, Login for new students is available from January 26) Academic Information System → Academic Management System → Student Record → Information
→ Insurance (JPG format only)
Even if you submitted your certificate to the office before, you must upload it on the portal by yourself.
* For National Health Insurance, set the end date to 9999/12/31.
2) If you have trouble uploading your document on the portal, please contact the Graduate School Office at email@example.com/02-2123-3228.